STAY SMALL, STAY SAFE, STAY INN
We are taking COVID-19 very seriously and wanted to share what we are doing to keep our guests, our home, and our staff safe. At the Avenue Hotel Bed and Breakfast, we are taking the extra steps to disinfect all surfaces using a bleach solution:
- door knobs, handles and table surfaces
- light switches,
- faucets, sink, tubs, toilets and floors
- blinds and wands
- alarm clocks and lamps
- TV’s, DVD players, movies and remotes in every room.
Rooms are stripped after every check out and aired out.
- Replacing mattress pad, pillow covers and shower curtains, robes and sheets with clean disinfected laundry.
Rooms are disinfected and cleaned before clean linens, towels and essentials are brought into the guest room.
- Extra blankets are washed, bagged and sealed for the next guest.
- Occupied guest room are cleaned upon request. if a guest request we do not enter during their stay we honor that request.
Ultraviolet lights are placed in the rooms after they cleaned and disinfected for one more layer of sanitation. Unlike chemical approaches to water disinfection, UV light provides rapid, effective inactivation of microorganisms through a physical process. When bacteria, viruses, and protozoa are exposed to the germicidal wavelengths of UV light, they are rendered incapable of reproducing and infecting. This helps to ensure that surfaces that cannot withstand a bleach solution are sanitized chairs, carpet and furniture
All employees wear a different set of gloves for each room they clean.
Common area door knobs and light switches are disinfected several times a day as well as handrails and outside seating areas. We work diligently to make sure every surface is disinfected.
- We have installed disinfecting hand wipes at the front and back entrances.
- We have disposable gloves located around the B&B for guests to pop on when touching different surface in the B&B (coffee pot, water coolers, whatever.)
- We have disposable masks available upon request
- We have limited seating in common areas
- We have spread out the distances between areas for outdoor seating
We are delivering breakfast in room, in separate dining rooms or on the front porch (weather permitting).
The kitchen is now off limits to guests. The kitchen is disinfected before we start our food prep and after breakfast during cleanup and as necessarily during the day. Dishes run on sanitizing cycle of the dishwasher.
- Fridge on the third floor is for guests to store food or drinks (gloves available) cleaned daily
- Water coolers are cleaned and disinfected daily ( gloves available)
- Microwave on the third floor for guests to use, cleaned and disinfected daily ( gloves available.)
Randy and I have worked very hard to always provide and clean and comfortable environment for our guests. Clean has always been a priority on our property, but we are taking extra steps for the well-being and safety of our guests and staff. As a small property these measures are easy to accomplish daily because we care and this is a home!!
All of our employees are long term, with 6 years the shortest duration of employment, therefore they care more and are more diligent in their work than large hotel chain employees.
If we can answer any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us 719-685-1277
Remember a small property if safer and cleaner than larger hotel chain hotel because this is our home. WE are open and operating!
We are small. We are clean. We care!