Everything You Need to Plan the Perfect Christmas and New Year’s Getaway
Manitou Springs is the best place to go for fun, festive holiday 2019 events. We’ve handpicked the best ones that we think will warm your heart and fill you with holiday cheer. We’d love to see you at Avenue Hotel Bed & Breakfast this holiday season, especially if you’re looking for a nice, quiet place to return to when you’re finished with the crowds and the partying. Read ahead and see what events are in store!
- Bear Creek by Candlelight — December 6, 5 – 8 p.m. at the Bear Creek Nature Center. Walk along trails lit with luminaries, enjoy live music while you indulge in Texas Roadhouse chili, or sip some hot chocolate while you create your own luminary to take home.
- Holiday Food & Gift Festival — December 6-8, Find unique gifts at this holiday show just down the road from us in Colorado Springs. Food, art, jewelry, music, photography and more will be available for purchase, so you can finish off your Christmas shopping list with ease!
- Electric Moonlight at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo — December 11, 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. This 21+ “electric safari experience” will include holiday lights, music, dancing, local food and drinks, and animal meet-and-greets.
- Swirl Holiday Bazaar — December 13, 4 – 9 p.m. Live music with food and drink specials make this holiday shopping experience top-notch. Local businesses will offer gifts such as jewelry, fabric, dream catchers, vintage items, ornaments, and more. Better yet, add the Date Night package to your reservation for a romantic happy hour and a gift certificate to Swirl!
- Christmas Begins in Manitou Parade — December 14, 6:00 p.m. The 4th annual lighted parade will follow Manitou Ave. from Ruxton Ave.to El Paso Blvd. Enjoy watching this delightful parade from the comfort of our B&B property!
- Manitou Holiday Fine Spirits & Music Festival — December 14, 1 – 7 p.m. This festival is in its second year, and if last year is any indication, it is sure to be a hit. Live music and tastings from the region’s best distilleries await you at 12 different Manitou Springs locations.
- Classical Guitarist Wayne Hammerstadt Performance — December 14, 1 p.m. at the Manitou Springs Heritage Center. If you’re coming for the Spirits and Music Festival, make sure to start your time off with a free performance from this talented musician.
- An Urban Nutcracker — December 14 & 15 at the Shockley-Zalabak Theater in Colorado Springs. Experience a different kind of nutcracker in this adaptation of the classic holiday tale that incorporates jazz, tap, Afro-Brazillian dance and more.
Ring in the New Year with Us
- New Year’s Tea at Miramont Castle — December 26th through January 12th, 2020. Sip fine tea and enjoy exquisite treats at this 4-course High Tea or 3-course Light Victorian Tea. The Queen’s Parlor Tearoom is the perfect place to celebrate the new year.
- New Year’s Eve Murder Mystery Dinner — December 31 at Briarhurst Manor. You are sure to have a good time at this year’s show, Murder Speaks Easy. Enjoy delicious dining offered by the Briarhurst Manor and ring in the new year by solving a mystery!
- Swinging in the 20’s New Year’s Bash — December 31, 9 p.m. – 1 a.m. at the Loft Music Venue. Don your 1920’s attire to welcome the new year with drinks, hors d’oeuvres, and a 1920’s-themed live band.
- New Year’s Eve Party with Red Mountain Roots — December 31, 8 p.m. – 12 a.m. at Kinfolks. Dance the night away with live music from Red Mountain Roots and enjoy their craft beers, wines, and liquors.
Book a Stay
After a fun day or night out, there’s nothing better than our quiet, cozy rooms and delicious, gourmet breakfasts to round out a wonderful getaway. Add a massage or the Roses and Rose’ package to your reservation, and you’ve got the makings of a perfect winter getaway! Book a room today!