• ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
• ¾ cup granulated sugar
• 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1 egg
• 2¾ cup all-purpose flour
• 1 tsp baking soda
• ½ tsp salt
• 12 oz. bag semisweet chocolate chips
2. Preheat oven to 375°
3. Mix the sugars, butter, vanilla, and egg until well blended and creamy.
4. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt together. (You can do it right on top of the wet ingredients, mixing the soda and salt into the flour a little with a dry spoon before mixing the flour into the wet ingredients.)
5. Stir wet and dry ingredients together until well blended. The dough is very dry and stiff, and it may seem as though it is too dry to combine, but it will come together.
6. Stir in chocolate chips.
7. Put rounded spoonfuls of dough on a cool cookie sheet a few inches apart.
8. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until edges are just beginning to brown. For best results, use one cookie sheet at a time in the center of the oven.
Cool 2 to 3 minutes on the cookie sheet and then transfer cookies to a cooling rack
Bon appetite! Innkeeper Avenue Hotel Bed and Breakfast